Whether you hate the freckles on your face or you have developed those unsightly brown spots on the backs of your arms, hands, or anywhere else on your skin, you can fight back with some tested home remedies. This article will give you a variety of tips to get rid of brown spots using items that you may have around the house. Just remember that these are home remedies that have not been scientifically studied.
Use of Fruit Enzymes for Brown Spots
Mash strawberries and peeled apricots together to make a paste. Then apply the paste to your face to get rid of brown spots. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse it off.
Dab pineapple juice onto your brown spots using a cotton swab.
Plump out some rice grains with watermelon juice to make a mask.
- Make a hole in the watermelon rind and introduce some uncooked grains of rice into it. Replace the rind, wrap the watermelon in plastic wrap and return it to your refrigerator overnight.
- Remove the watermelon from the refrigerator and open the rind. Scoop out the plumped rice from the watermelon.
- Blend the contents in a blender or mash them with the back of a spoon to create a paste. Apply the paste to clean skin on your face and rinse it off after 15 minutes.
Try currants to get rid of brown spots.
- Mash 1/4 cup of unripe currants and mix with 1 tablespoon of unpasteurized honey. Put the mixture on your freckles and leave it on for half an hour. Rinse it off with warm water and dab on some diluted fresh lemon juice.
- Combine equal parts of lemon juice, currant juice and orange juice with parsley juice. Apply this mixture to your face.
Use papaya to diminish the appearance of brown spots. Your face will have a cleaner, brighter finish overall.
- Cut a papaya in half. Scoop out the seeds and the pulp. You can save the pulp to eat later.
- Rub the inside of the papaya peel on the surface of your clean face. Let it dry for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse off the juice with lukewarm water.
Purchase prepared masks that contain fruit extracts in their ingredients lists. These masks can include extracts from cherries, pomegranates, pumpkins, grapes or raspberries.
Grind fresh parsley and mix with equal amounts of lime juice and turmeric. Apply the mixture to your face before applying your favorite cream.
Use of Lemon Juice for Brown Spots
Apply lemon juice directly to the affected area of the skin. Leave it on for about 30 minutes before rinsing it off. Lemon juice bleaches the dark spots, and you’ll see noticeable effects in about 2 months.
Dissolve some sugar in the juice of 1 lemon. Apply the mixture to each freckle with a brush or a cotton swab. Leave it on for a half hour and then rinse it off.
Combine honey with lemon juice to make a paste. Apply the mixture to your brown spots and rinse it off after 30 minutes. Lemon juice dries your skin, but the honey provides moisture to protect your skin from damage.
Use of Spot-Fighting Power of Dairy
Apply sour milk or buttermilk to your brown spots with a cotton swab. You can also completely wash your face with sour milk or buttermilk for an immediate effect. If you have oily skin or if you’re acne prone, mix a little bit of lemon juice in with the sour milk.
Combine milk with ground yellow mustard to make a thin paste. Apply it to your face, leave it overnight and rinse it off the next morning.
Prepare a mixture of lime juice and organic yogurt. Rub the mixture directly onto your spots or use it as a face mask. Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes before rinsing it off.
Use of Veggies for Brown Spots
Use onions and apple cider vinegar.
- Chop or blend an onion, and wrap the pieces in cheesecloth so that you can squeeze out the juice.
- Mix 1 part onion juice with 1 part apple cider vinegar. Dab the juice with a cotton ball and apply it directly to your brown spots.
- Leave the juice on for about 30 minutes. Repeat the treatment daily for about 6 weeks or until the spots begin to lighten.
Mash up 1/3 cup of canned or boiled chickpeas with a little bit of warm water to make a paste. Rub the paste onto the spots and rinse it off with warm water when the mask starts to crack. This treatment is gentle, so you can use it daily.
Using Other Unverified Home Remedies for Brown Spots
Rub aloe vera on the age spots. Leave it on for about 45 minutes per application. You’ll see improvement after a month or so.
Use vitamin power. Open a Vitamin E capsule and apply the liquid to your brown spots before you go to bed. Or use a cream that contains Vitamin A or Retin-A.
Apply castor oil directly to the spots. The castor oil will help the spots to fade.
Slices of potatoes can be applied directly to the affected area for about 30 minutes. Mixing mashed potatoes, lemon juice and a small amount of milk and honey will also create a mask that can be applied to areas that will help lighten or remove dark or brown spots.
Eat foods or drink liquids that are rich in antioxidants. Examples include green tea, ginkgo, wine, dark chocolate, soy, fava beans and citrus fruits.
- Be cautious about using home remedies if you already have a sunburn or if you have sensitive skin.
- Make sure to rinse lemon juice off of your skin before you go out into the sun. The juice will increase your skin’s sensitivity to UV rays.
- If you have sensitive skin, don’t apply lemon on your face because it could sting. Keep lemon away from your eyes at all times.
- Make sure you have a healthy diet to get rid of dark spots.
- Drink 8 glasses of water throughout the day!
- Make sure you have positive thoughts about getting better again. Good body opinions always make you feel more confident. The better you feel, the better you’ll heal!
- Take off any makeup before trying any of these remedies. Clean your skin well to draw out the oil and lotions that may interfere or react with the compounds.
- To prevent additional brown spots from developing, wear sunblock containing zinc oxide or titanium dioxide when you’re out in the sun.
- If natural remedies don’t work to erase your brown spots, then talk to your dermatologist. He or she can recommend solutions like chemical peels or laser treatments.