Having perfect skin is a blessing. But just because you don’t have it right now, doesn’t mean you can’t get it. With the right regime and home remedies, you can take your skin from oily to squeaky clean and get clear skin.
Lifestyle Changes for Clear Skin
Keep your skin clean. Sounds pretty easy right? Wash your face when you wake up and/or before you go to bed. It leaves you feeling refreshed and it’s good for your skin!
Don’t touch your face. Touching your face with dirty hands will transfer dirt and bacteria to your face, and that just adds up to more spots. Remember that a spot is just a colony of germs.
Get rid of acne. Get some good acne medicine or overnight cream you can wear. You can find affordable items at drugstores or you can talk to your doctor and see what he or she suggests.
Exfoliate. Exfoliation brings out the soft, healthy skin underneath! Do this three to four times a week to remove dead skin cells. Dead skin cells can clog pores and cause spots. Be sure to scrub gently and to apply moisturizer afterwards, otherwise your skin will become dried out.
Never leave skin dry because dryness makes our body produce extra moisture that makes skin oily. These excess oils get clogged in our skin pores leading to pimples. Pimples usually leave behind scars on face. Hence, to avoid such conditions apply non comedogenic moisturizer rich in vitamin E and natural moisturizing extracts.
- Non comedogenic moisturizers are those which does not block our pores. In case you have oily skin type use oil free moisturizers. This precaution will help you to keep skin soft and spot free.
Drink plenty of water. Drink 10 glasses of water every day to keep skin hydrated from inside. Water also helps to wash away toxins under skin.
Eat healthy. Eating healthy is the simplest precaution that helps to keep skin away from dark acne scars and spots. Fruits and vegetables should be eaten daily to provide vitamins and minerals to the body.
- Apart from this, your skin also needs antioxidants and proteins to fight against sun, pollution and other skin related problems.
Don’t smoke. Smoking makes your skin look older and contributes to wrinkles. Smoking narrows the tiny blood vessels in the outermost layers of skin, which decreases blood flow. This depletes the skin of oxygen and nutrients that are important to skin health.
Avoid the sun. The sun is a great source for vitamin D. The morning sun from 7 am to 9 am is good for the skin. However avoiding the sun after this time is very essential. The UV rays are quite strong and they not only damage the texture of the skin but over exposure to these rays can result in skin cancer.
- Avoid the sun especially from 10 am to 2 pm as the sun rays can get really harsh.
- Try to wear clothing that covers most of your skin. Apply sunscreen while going outdoors.
Massages increase circulation of blood towards skin. More blood means more oxygen and nutrients that help in keeping skin nourished.
- There are many ways by which you can massage your skin. Some prefer creams and lotions while some opt for natural home remedies like honey.
Exercise. Physical activity is not only essential to lose weight. It is a necessity in this busy life. At work you may not walk around and at home you may want to rest. A short walk or 30 minutes at the gym are an added advantage not only for the body but also for the skin.
- Make it a daily habit – dancing, cycling, skipping, running, walking, anything that will make you sweat. A half an hour spent on exercise everyday will flush out the toxins.
Leave stress behind. Stress hormones lead to excessive oil production which will result in white heads. Running, a warm bath and a short sleep help reduce stress.
- At least 7 to 8 hours of sleep is needed for an active mind and clear skin.
- Occasional visits to the spa and swimming pool will relax your muscles. Your body will lose excess oils and regains the bright youthful texture.
Home Remedies for Clear Skin
Lemon juice is very effective against dark spots and marks. They can fade away dark spots and acne marks very easily. Lemon is rich in Citric acid and Vitamin C, which works on renewing the skin cells.
- Take a lemon, cut it into two halves.
- Take one half of the lemon and rub it in circular motion on the affected area directly.
- Rub for 5 minutes and wash off your face.
- With regular usage, dark spots will lighten visibly.
Aloe-Vera gel works wonder for humans. They are used to cure diseases widely all over the world. This is one of the best home remedies for clear skin. They have anti-septic properties that help to soothe the skin while getting rid of blemishes and redness.
- Apply gel from the Aloe-Vera leaf on your face directly.
- Aloe-Vera may not always work for all skin types so it is advised to do a patch test before applying it on your face.
Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and is widely used to cure minor cuts and wounds in our home. It is also a skin lightening agent that helps to clear acne marks from the face naturally. Turmeric is safe for all skin types and with regular use, you can see the difference in your skin in just a few weeks.
- Mix turmeric with water and make a thick paste.
- Apply it to your face, keep it for 5 minutes and wash off with cold water.
Neem juice has been used in India to cure face problems since ancient times. Neem leaves are anti bacterial and helps to get rid of skin redness.
- Wash few neem leaves, make a paste with water and apply it on your pimple or acne marks.
- Keep it for 10 minutes and wash off with water.
Egg-white helps to get rid of acne marks easily and naturally.
- Take some gram flour, mix it with 2 egg whites and add a few drops of lemon juice to it.
- Make a fine paste and apply it on your face and neck.
- Keep it for 20 minutes then wash it off with water.
- This pack will help to get rid of dull and uneven skin tone; it will also lighten spots on your face. Use this pack once a week for best results. It is one of the wonderful home remedies for clear skin.
Strawberries are rich in anti-oxidants like Vitamin C and can be used as a face pack to remove marks and spots naturally. The presence of Omega 3 fatty acids and salicylic acid in strawberries makes it a wonderful remedy to cure pimple marks, dark spots along with making the skin tone even.
- Mash few strawberries and mix them with 2 table spoons of yogurt.
- Blend the mixture well and apply it to your face and neck.
- Keep this pack on for 20 minutes and then wash off with water.
Tea tree oil helps to get rid of blemishes, dark spots and uneven skin tone. This essential oil is used widely in skin treatments. Natural tea tree oil is easily available and you can dab the oil using a cotton ball on the affected area directly and leave it to dry. Tea tree oil soothes skin and also evens out the complexion – giving you radiant and flawless skin instantly.
- Clear skin takes time. Don’t expect perfect skin on the first day. Stick with it and your skin will gradually become clearer.
- Some products for clearing acne may cause skin irritation. If this occurs, STOP USING THEM and switch to a less aggressive treatment.
- Clean your face with cotton wool to get grease off your face.
- Fingernails are cesspools of bacteria. Keeping your fingernails short reduces the chance of accidentally scratching your face and causing further infection.
- Try to avoid wearing makeup, if possible. It can clog pores and, if applied incorrectly, looks tacky.
- If you must wear makeup, make sure to apply it lightly. Be sure to take it off immediately and thoroughly once returning home.
- Try finding makeup that is water based, as it is easier to remove and tends to clog pores less often than oil based makeup.
- If you suffer from occasional large spots, try a corrector stick or wand.
- Invest in a good Toner. Toner clears the pores of dirt and bacteria and prevents spots before they start.